SEAVa: VCU Allied Health Job Site Tour - Richmond, VAName: SEAVa: VCU Allied Health Job Site Tour - Richmond, VADate: November 2, 2017Time: 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM EDTRegistration: Register NowEvent Description:Come on a hard hat tour of VCU School of Allied Health Professions organized by SEAVA! This 164,000 SF, 8-story building will house 9 departments of the school currently housed in 5 different buildings on the two VCU campuses. Some unique structural features include:
3D animated fly-over of the site:
- Structure for 2 feature stairs, one of which holds up the glass curtainwall and roof framing.
- Support of 2nd floor eyebrow architectural feature.
- One-story tall exposed transfer truss supporting corner column for six levels of framing above.
- Accommodation of unitized curtainwall facilitated by Design Assist subcontractor.
- Support for APC panels.
- Floor systems designed for strict vibration requirements for full-functioning imaging equipment in Radiology Department.
- Surgical boom supports in mock Operating Rooms.
- Exposed trellis structure over the roof garden.
- Hanging supports and tracks for patient lifts and harnesses.
- Hidden cooling tower well and access platforms.
- Extensive roof screen framing around RTUs.
- Davits and fall protection anchors for building maintenance activities.
- 20’x20’ removable roof panel over the main mechanical room required by VCU.