Small Firm Council
Small Firm Council
Join the SFC by January 6, 2017 and get all the benefits of membership for half price!
Does your business ever feel like a small fish in a big pond? The Small Firm Council provides an indispensable forum that focuses on the unique needs and challenges facing small engineering firms. From ensuring that they remain an active and respected element of ACEC to working with Congress to expand US Federal Government contracting opportunities for small firms, SFC is committed to advancing small firm issues!
This multidisciplinary professional community - for, of, and by small firms - provides relevant, useful information on the critical issues facing us, such as cash accounting, profit building, ownership/leadership transition, and more!
What else does SFC membership offer?
• Targeted Programming: SFC hosts education sessions at the ACEC Fall Conference and Annual Spring Convention, and sponsors the Small Firm CEO Roundtable to keep members current with best practices and industry trends.
• Resources: SFC members get free, unrestricted access to 125+ contracts, tools, and publications (a total value of over $3,000 alone!), many written specifically for small firm management.
• Advocacy: Get your voice heard on key issues! The SFC is on the forefront of policy and regulations that affect small firms in the engineering community (I.e. Tax and regulation for small business).
2017 Small Firm Council Winter Seminar:
Defining HR for Your Firm
This seminar is for any employee in a small firm tasked with making human resources decisions, including: owners, principals, HR professionals, CEOs, & CFOs. Attendees will earn 12.5 PDHs!
Dates / Times:
Thursday, February 16, 6:15 PM-7:15 PM;
Friday, February 17, 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM;
Saturday February 18, 7:30 AM – 1:00 PM (PST)
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Diego – Mission Valley
7450 Hazard Center Drive
San Diego,California, 92108, USA
Barbara Irwin, Principal and Founder of HR Advisors Group
What does management need to know and understand to ensure an effective human resources function for the engineering consulting community? This seminar will answer this question no matter the size of your firm. You will learn the various aspects of a human resources operation and how firms can create programs, processes and procedures that meet the needs of the workforce while continuing to focus on the bottom line. Seminar topics included are:
• HR Basics and HR Audit – A to Z (from recruitment and selection to performance management and everything in between)
• Accounting, Office Manager and now HR – what happens when HR is part of your job? What Non-HR professionals need to know when it comes to HR
• Understanding the various HR Employment Laws (federal, state and local regulations) and how they impact management and business
• Creating a culture that matches the firm’s vision
• Employee Engagement – what are some best practices in the engineering consulting industry
Questions on the Coalitions or the Small Firm Seminar, contact Heather Talbert, ACEC’s Coalition Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-682-4377.