2016 Annual Conference
2016 Annual Conference
ACEC/VA members convened to celebrate the induction of the 2016 – 2017 Board of Directors and the graduation of the class of 2016 Emerging Leaders Institute (ELI). This year’s Annual Conference opened with a Welcome Reception at the Roanoke Pinball Museum, giving members and their family’s time to relax, get to know each other and have a little fun!
Richard Coughlan, the University of Richmond's Robins School of Business, presented both Friday and Saturday morning with educational sessions on Accountability. Participants learned the true nature of accountability and its importance in organizational performance, the factors that shape your behavior and the behavior of others, and how to improve accountability within groups to better align with organizational outcomes.
After the session concluded Friday, members dispersed for a day of golf, sightseeing and poolside fun. Friday evening, the group came back together for dinner, the installation of officers, the ELI graduation ceremony and the ECVPAC Silent Auction. Emcee for the evening, Mark McGuire, encouraged members to purchase their raffle tickets for the Bucket of Booze Raffle s supporting the ACEC/PAC and bid on the Silent Auction items. He introduced the new Board of Directors (and roasted them just a bit) .
After kind words from the incoming 2016-2017 President, Paul Diggs, and National Director, Benjamin Lilly, it was time to draw the names of this year’s Bucket of Booze recipients. Donald Booth of DJG won the Bucket of Liquor and Courtney Beamon of Delta Airport Consultants name was drawn for the Bucket of Beer! Congratulations and enjoy responsibly!Before members dispersed Friday evening, “Nancy Israel” serenaded with a “Hello” parody, Lyrics by Natasha Chernault.
The full 2016-2017 Board of Directors is as follows:
• President - Paul E. Diggs, Schnabel Engineering, Inc.
• President Elect - Robert L. Burkholder, Clark Nexsen
• Secretary - Gregory C. Ellen, Dunbar Milby Williams Pittman & Vaughan
• Treasurer – Jared B. Jamison, Hankins & Anderson
• Vice President at Large – Donald F. Booth, DJG
• Vice President, Western Region - Jeffrey N. Lighthiser, Draper Aden Associates, Inc.
• Vice President, Central Region – Courtney A. Beamon, Delta Airport Consultants
• Vice President, Eastern Region - Jeffrey W. Ganthner, Burns & McDonnell
• National Director - Benjamin A. Lilly, Hankins & Anderson
Thank you to our sponsors! ACEC/VA could not provide quality events without their continued support.
Ames & Gough Clark Nexsen Schnabel