ACEC Virginia, the largest engineering firm association in the state, will help you Build Your Business whether you are a large engineering firm or a one-man shop. We are made up of more than 85 independent engineering firms representing more than 4,000 employees throughout Virginia. To build your business and keep the engineering industry healthy, we:
- Teach engineers the BUSINESS of engineering. You already have the technical skills; we help shape your business acumen and hone your leadership skills.
- Connect you to prospective clients through a variety of networking opportunities including face time with leading state transportation and facilities agencies.
- Connect you with the movers and shakers in the Virginia engineering industry and provide networking opportunities with colleagues.
- Act as the watchdog agency to ensure that QBS rules are followed.
- Advocate for legislative actions that protect the Virginia engineering industry and promote an optimal business climate.
- Provide professional development hours and other educational opportunities that will maximize your business skills.
Large or small, engineering firms often face the same business issues such as health insurance, government affairs, human resource needs, meeting PDH requirements, best business practices, and the need for laws conducive to maintaining a thriving engineering industry in Virginia. ACEC Virginia brings together engineering firms of all sizes to provide business support and advocacy. By joining, engineering firms are offered the opportunity to connect with others in their industry and tackle the issues that the engineering community faces in the Virginia General Assembly.
ACEC Virginia is a member organization of the American Council of Engineering Companies, a national federation of 51 ACEC state and regional organizations, headquartered in Washington, D.C.